Be sure to read and follow all instructions before the date of your photography session. You can also download a PDF copy of the information on this page.
Each student’s Youth Salute display will contain 4 images and a biographical sketch. We want to show as many of your hobbies and interests as possible in your photographs, so bring at least three different “props” so one or more may be included with each outfit. Note: Boys please be clean-shaven!
Clothing Suggestions (and Requirements)
- DRESSY: Girls may bring a church dress, suit, or prom dress. Guys may bring your best suit and tie. “Dressy” may include any outfit you and your parents consider dressy.
- CASUAL: You may wish to bring blue jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt or slacks and a shirt. Casual clothes should be ones that you like, and in which you look your best.
- ACTIVITY: Your choice. This is your opportunity to express your interests – prop(s) required.
- MISC: Your final outfit selection may be another dressy, casual, or activity-related outfit.
NOTE: Tux and Drape are available upon request.
When asked, we will photograph girls in a drape or guys in a tux provided by the studio.
**Please limit your wardrobe to only 4 changes**
Prop Suggestions (and Requirements)
- Props are mandatory for participation. If you do not bring props to your session, you may be required to reschedule.
- Props are intended to be representative of your unique combination of talents, activities, hobbies, and interests. Therefore, these props MUST BE BROUGHT BY YOU. Props will NOT be provided for you.
- You must bring at least three props!
- Pets are allowed, but CANNOT be your ONLY prop.
Basketball, football, baseball, soccer, tennis, softball, swimming, wrestling, cheerleading, golf, track, cross country, volleyball…feel free to bring any letter jackets, uniforms, equipment such as: bats, rackets, balls, pompoms, etc. Unlimited individually awarded trophies, plaques, and medals may be brought, but LIMIT TEAM TROPHIES TO TWO TROPHIES.
Hockey sticks, puck, etc., snowboarding, skiing, collegiate collection: pennants, clothing attire, trading cards, etc.
FFA or FCCLA official dress, other club banners, plaques, trophies, gavels, ROTC, Boy Scout, or Girl Scout uniforms, western attire: hat, boots, chaps, bridle, saddle, etc., computer equipment.
Band instruments, trophies, uniforms, etc., Colorguard and Winterguard flags and rifles, keyboard, microphone, sheet music, guitars, records, CD’s, stereo.
Dance shoes and costumes, pallets, brushes, finished artwork, charcoals, paints, sketches, easel, camera, photos, typewriter, literature.
Hunting: guns, camouflage, bow and arrows, mounted animals; fishing: rods, tackle box, mounted fish; camping: tents, rucksacks, hiking boots.
Cartoon items: Mickey Mouse, Scooby Doo, Disney characters; movies, posters, animal print items, coins, cards, Hot Wheels, model cars, Barbie Dolls, porcelain dolls, books, butterflies, frogs, cultural items: flags, fans, etc.
Choir robes, Bibles, Music, devotional items, religious collections such as WWJD, instruments played at church or microphones.